Great news: we’re about to start another donation drop, this time at a new location in Frome. The lovely guys at Your Storage Space, Unit 1, Wallbridge, Frome BA11 5JZ are letting us collect, sort and store there! This is brilliant as we’ve previously had to expend a lot of time and energy transporting donations between drop-off and sorting spaces!
This time we’ll be collecting items that are currently urgently needed in Calais. Having said that, the needs in Calais do change very quickly, but we’re confident that the items on this list are such staples that if they’re not all top priorities in Calais for our next trip in a fortnight, they will be needed by refugees elsewhere, and we’ll get them to someone in need as soon as we can.
So, it’s the following items this time please:
- Sleeping bags, roll mats, blankets, torches or battery powered lights, AA & AAA batteries.
- MEN: walking boots size 42+, trainers size 42+, small & medium coats/jackets, small & medium jumpers, small men’s trousers & trackies.
- WOMEN: small & medium trackies / comfy trousers / leggings, shoes / boots / wellies sizes 37-41.
- CHILDREN: socks, trackies all ages.
A word about quality. All items MUST be WASHED and in a condition where you would personally be proud to hand them to someone you knew and valued. Items should be suitable for wearing in a cold damp field, i.e. not party or office clothes.
This is a short donation drop only, as our next delivery will be loading on 17th March. Our collecting times are ONLY:
- 11 – 12.30 on Saturday 12th March
- 13.30 – 17.30 on Monday 14th March
If you don’t have any of these items you can still help by funding the costs of transporting them, and of urgently needed baby formula, baby wipes, toilet roll, tissues, gas canisters, & batteries that we can buy in Calais. This is a link to our fundraising site.
We will also have another donation drop starting very soon, so if you have other items you’d like to donate, or would like to help us, please sign up to follow this blog (sign up box to the right). Thank you!